Biryani, khorma,tandoori chicken, kababs, kheer,haleem , jalebi, 20 different kind of shrimp dishes, kofta,as newlyweds (got married a month back) this is just a sample of the pleasures our tastebuds received .Unfortunately our digestive system and worse our waistlines did not take to kindly these delicacies.
So we resolved to go low fat/low calorie, in our everyday dishes. With zero expectations from Indian cuisine I rushed to cook up some thing american. At the foodnetwork website I came across a bunch of jerk seasoned recipes, made my own taking something from each and used for my grilled chicken. But the proportions were too low so my chicken turned out bland so I made the sauce to go with it. I've fixed the proportions so hopefully it should turn out ok.
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 white onions finely chopped
2 green chiles
2 tbl spoon cups low sodium soy sauce
2 chicken breasts cut into smaal pieces
3 tsp black pepper
2 tsp redchilli flakes
1 tsp garlic powder
3-4 strips capsicum
salt to taste
oil if not using non stick grill
red chilli flakes + tomato sauce or red chilli sauce
salt to tase
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1) Wash and cut chicken,apply salt and leave aside till you make the rest of the seasoning . The salt helps reduce the smell.
2) Cut the lime into two and microwave for a min . The rind oils should come out . Leave aside after microwaving to cool and squeeze it out. Grate some zest in.
3) mix all the other ingredients except oil and grind in blender to make a paste .
4) Leave cover and marinate for 2-4 hours
5) I used my foreman grill(see pic) coz I can grill with out oil i love tht thing
6) Meanwhile mix the sauce ingredients to gether to make a paste , adjust the flavour according to your taste .
7) Serve hot with rice or bread